User Experience Designer
Founded in 2014, ObEN is an artificial intelligence company based in one of the world’s most successful incubators: Idealab in Pasadena, CA. We have developed a sophisticated speech technology that allows any Internet of Things to speak in any voice and in any language.
Company intro video
Know more about ObEN’s incentives.
We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user interfaces and experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a lead experience architect
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
You must have:
- Tangible user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps on the fly
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Great to have:
- 3D modeling, VR/AR development, After Effects, rendering and animation
- Motion graphics design and production
- Video and sound editing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, new media design or related design field
- Portfolio to accompany resume
- Background check and reference checks required upon hire
- Location: Pasadena
- Full-time / Part-time / Internship
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 3: We require a sample project submission and a candidate proposal submission
(To know more about what an ObEN candidate proposal is, click here)
STAGE 4: Spend a day at our office and participate in all team activities.
STAGE 5: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.