Technical Program Manager
Founded in 2014, ObEN is an artificial intelligence company based in one of the world’s most successful incubators: Idealab in Pasadena, CA. We have developed a sophisticated speech technology that allows any Internet of Things to speak in any voice and in any language.
Company intro video
Know more about ObEN’s incentives.
Join ObEN as a Technical Program Manager and help build innovative applications and custom solutions. You will play a critical role in planning new systems architecture and technical direction for the company’s technology roadmap. You will be working with senior scientists, developers, business partners, and external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables. You will need to have a “roll up your sleeves” approach and “get down in the trenches” in order to jump in to code frequently. Candidates should have a strong software engineering background with the hunger to manage large-scale mission critical applications and web platforms. Sound judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong technical leadership, managing senior technical team and the driving decisions through consensus and influence change are must.
- Manage a team of highly technical and experienced software engineers.
- Define delivery milestones based on project requirements
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to achieve planned delivery milestones
- Manage multiple projects in different phases of the SDLC
- Drive the analysis and design of systems; help shape system requirements, and develop analysis-level documents that reflect the requirements.
- Work with scientists and vendors on defining the scope, milestone, deliverables, and resources needed for the project.
- Plan Agile Sprints working with business partners
- Perform regular design and code reviews and when needed, participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues.
- Lead technical developers; own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness.
- Keep up to date with latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value within the development teams.
- Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security.
- Maintain company servers as needed
- Do minor programming tasks as needed
You must have:
- BS/MS degree in computer science/EE or equivalent
- Strong understanding of project management principles and processes.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Extensive experience in enterprise systems and software architecture, design, and development and working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle.
- Experience in managing highly technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented, SOA design concepts, and programming languages such as Java, Objective C, C , PHP
- Experience in platforms such as Matlab
- Solid understanding of data modeling and database systems including mySQL, etc.
- Well versed with the use of XML, JSON and REST services.
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities in cross-functional and matrix organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Great to have:
- PHP/MySql programming
- Digital Signal Processing
- AWS setup/ maintenance
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 3: We require a sample project submission and a candidate proposal submission
(To know more about what an ObEN candidate proposal is, click here)
STAGE 4: Spend a day at our office and participate in all team activities.
STAGE 5: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.