Speech Recognition (ASR) Research Scientist
Founded in 2014, ObEN is a venture-backed artificial intelligence company based in one of the world’s most successful incubators: Idealab in Pasadena, CA. We have developed a sophisticated speech technology that allows any Internet of Things to speak in any voice and in any language. Know more about ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Company intro video
Know more about ObEN’s incentives.
As a Speech Recognition Research Scientist at ObEN, you’ll be working on several proprietary and stealthy projects in the audio space. Your work will encompass the whole scope of application development, including speech research, application prototyping, and development of our proprietary speech recognition engine.
Currently, we are mainly interested in candidates with experience in ASR for English and Chinese languages. Experience in Korean, Japanese and/or Spanish is a big plus.
You must have:
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing or machine learning.
- Solid experience with Kaldi.
- Strong machine learning background and familiar with standard statistical modeling techniques applied to speech (e.g., GMMs, DNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, etc.).
- Familiarity with linguistic phonetics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl.
- Knowledge of basic digital signal processing techniques for audio.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment.
Location: Pasadena or Remote
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Detailed resume
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: We require a sample project submission and a candidate proposal submission
(To know more about what an ObEN candidate proposal is, click here)
STAGE 3: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 4: Spend a day at our office and participate in all team activities.
STAGE 5: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.