Senior Rigging Artist (Contractor)
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of computer vision, machine learning, NLP, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
ObEN is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Rigging Artist to join its computer vision team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated artist who has built complex facial blendshape rigs and is capable of maintaining a high level of visual and technical quality for all characters. He/she must have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles, cloth/hair behavior and be comfortable in a scripted environment. Experience with simulation rigs and directable shot sims for hair and cloth are a bonus. The artist must be attuned to the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators we support.
- Creating and developing fast elegant character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
- Working with modeling and animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters.
- Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
- Creating User Interfaces and tools to assist animators.
- Creating facial blendshape for photo realistic character.
- Providing support to character rigs throughout production.
- Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
- 3-5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
- Solid knowledge of rigging systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
- Solid time and project management skills
- Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- MEL and Python programming essential
- Maya API C++ programming also a plus
- Self-motivated, highly responsive and flexible
- Team player. Positive, enthusiastic attitude
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Demo reel of your work. Candidates interested in a contract-based, in-house opportunity are strongly preferred.
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.