ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of speech, computer vision, machine learning, NLP, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
As a Research Linguist, you will collaborate with other scientists who are experts in speech engineering, natural language processing, and computer vision. You will be working on a variety of tasks to improve technologies for speech synthesis, speech recognition, visual speech, and natural language processing.
- Design material and procedures to collect spoken and written language data
- Design schemas and label/tag sets to annotate recordings and text with phonetic, prosodic, semantic, and syntactic features
- Design methods and protocols to ensure the quality of linguistic data and annotations
- Design perceptual or linguistic tests to evaluate the performance of speech and language systems
- Contribute to the formalization of speech and language models by offering linguistic knowledge, identifying issues and providing solutions
- Masters or higher degree in Linguistics or a closely-related field
- Specialization in Phonetics or Phonology
- Native or near-native proficiency in Japanese or Korean
- Ability to use programming scripts
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g., Python
- Background in Psychology/Psycholinguistics
- Willingness to accept reprioritization as necessary
Application Requirements: Please send the following to email@example.com
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile
- Names and contact information of two references who can speak to your qualifications for this position
- Links to research papers/projects you have substantially contributed to, if any, with brief description of your role in the work
- Code you are proud of and is public, if any
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: Complete a Sample Project
STAGE 3: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 4: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.
Notice to recruitment agencies: ObEN is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies, recruiters, and/or search firms for any of its job postings. Please do not send resumes to any of our job listing portals, team members or company locations. Resumes submitted to ObEN by a third party without a valid written & signed recruitment agreement will become the sole property of ObEN, and no fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited referral.