ML ENGINEER FOR NLP IN CHINESE
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of machine learning, NLP, computer vision, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
As a member of the machine language translation team, you utilize your superior technical aptitude and deep understanding of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to create the best Machine Translation solutions for our algorithms. You should be comfortable to also work with a wide array of teams in areas of wellness, healthcare, marketing, business development, psychology, design, user experience and product development.
Ability to work fast with teams in an open-table company culture is important.
You must have:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Physics; PhD preferred.
- High proficiency in C++.
- Experience with data-driven statistical or machine learning methods.
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
Great to have:
- Experience with automatic speech recognition and/or natural language processing systems.
- Familiarity with linguistic phonetics.
- Knowledge of basic digital signal processing techniques for audio.
- Experience with software engineering best practices including unit testing, continuous integration, and source control.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 3: We require a sample project submission and a candidate proposal submission(To know more about what an ObEN candidate proposal is, click here)
STAGE 4: Spend a day at our office and participate in all team activities.
STAGE 5: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.
Notice to recruitment agencies: ObEN is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies, recruiters, and/or search firms for any of its job postings. Please do not send resumes to any of our job listing portals, team members or company locations. Resumes submitted to ObEN by a third party without a valid written & signed recruitment agreement will become the sole property of ObEN, and no fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited referral.