LEAD 3D ANIMATOR (CONTRACTOR)
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of computer vision, machine learning, NLP, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
ObEN is seeking a Lead Animator for its artdepartment. The ideal candidate is a strong Maya keyframe animator and a solid rigger that can create functional rigs that work well in Unity. An expert in animation fundamentals, cut-scene setup and layout and creative with game engine restrictions. The 3D Animator is responsible for delivery of expertly-crafted animation.
- Create character, prop and environment rigs that are mobile-friendly on storage
- Work with tech artists to create and maintain an efficient animation pipeline
- Seek out input/requirements from multiple stakeholders across different departments
- Communicate effectively in cross-functional product development teams and present ideas and designs effectively both verbally and visually
- Continually push to refine our existing products
- Work well under pressure and able to produce work in short timeframes, manage time and schedules efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality
- A strong reel showcasing innovative web/mobile animation for products, games and brands
- 3-5+ years of experience as a 3D animator using Maya with a thorough understanding of animation fundamentals and creative/technical solutions
- Thorough understanding of how to set up rigs and animation for Unity/mobile
- Ability to create easy-to-use rigs that other animators can work with
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Animation, related degree, or relevant real-world experience
- Understanding of technical underpinnings of an interactive animation pipeline, including artwork optimization and Unity integration
- Keyframing/blocking skills and the ability to animate lip sync/dialogue
- Ability to work with game design needs and enhance game design via animation
- The ability to animate & iterate using best practices in a collaborative agile environment
- Knowledge and appreciation of acting and storytelling. Ability to craft visual gags
- Eye for detail and excellent written communication skills
- Self-motivated, highly responsive and flexible
- Team player. Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Knowledge of maya scripting with expressions, Mel or python is a plus
- Familiarity working in a scrum/agile environment a plus
- Experience with photo-real 3D facial animation is a plus
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Animation (rigging reel is also preferred) reel of your work. Candidates interested in a contract-based, in-house opportunity are strongly preferred.
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.