RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
HUMAN-SUBJECTS RESEARCH SPECIALIST
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of R&D, speech, computer vision, machine learning, NLP, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
As a member of ObEN’s research and development team, you will support the work on data collection and management. We are looking for a responsible and detail-oriented individual who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with researchers to design methods, procedures and protocols for human-subjects data collection.
- Host human subjects, operate equipment, and administer various types of data collection, e.g., speech and text data, 2D and 3D visual data.
- Store, manage and backup data.
- Ensure data quality/validity, troubleshoot issues with data collection processes, and perform basic data processing.
- Assist clients with data collection and work with researchers to provide technical support.
- Document data collection processes as well as maintain related documentation, software and devices/hardware.
- Master’s degree or graduate student in Psychology or related fields such as experimental linguistics or experimental sociology
- Background in quantitative research methods
- Good communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Korean or Japanese
- Proficiency in programming languages, e.g. Python, Matlab
- Background in linguistics, especially phonology
- Background in cognitive science, especially face perception
- Event planning and hosting experience
- Knowledge of database systems
Application Requirements: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile
- Names and contact information of two references who can speak to your qualifications for this position
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: Complete a Sample Project
STAGE 3: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 4: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.