COMPUTER VISION / GRAPHICS RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Are you a research scientist who wants to be part of disruptive innovation in today’s technology-driven market? Then join our team. ObEN is a leading artificial intelligence company that creates complete virtual identities for consumers and celebrities. ObEN is a Softbank and HTC VIVE X portfolio company and also part of world leading technology incubator Idealab. Come see what it’s like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people (including our team of world class scientists in areas of NLP, deep learning and speech) who understand and respect what you do.
- As a member of the computer vision team, you will design, implement and test a complete pipeline to reconstruct and animate virtual avatars of people using commodity RGB cameras.
- Ability and passion to work with teams in a fast-paced, open-table culture start-up company is important.
- PhD/M.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in computer vision and computer graphics
- Strong understanding of basic computer vision and computer graphics concepts
- High proficiency in scripting languages, e.g., MATLAB, Python, for fast prototyping
- High proficiency in C/C++ for fast implementation
- General software development skills, including version control, debugging, testing, deployment, etc
- Enjoys a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Experience in 3D modeling, especially full human body, face and hand modeling.
- Experience in object segmentation and human pose estimation from images.
- Experience in OpenGL or WebGL.
- Experience in speech animation.
- Experience in using 3D graphics/animation softwares, e.g., Maya, Blender, Unity, etc.
- Experience in development on VR platforms, e.g., HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, etc.
- Publication record in top computer vision/graphics conferences, e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, SIGGRAPH ASIA, etc.
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
- Any code you are proud of and is public
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.