MARKETING & PRODUCT
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of speech, computer vision, machine learning, NLP, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
We are looking for a freelance Graphic Designer to define and drive the visual design direction for ObEN’s products and brand identity. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about advanced technology and knows how to humanize it for great visual and graphic imagery for everyday consumers. This position requires additional knowledge of developing creative solutions and assets across a broad range media. ObEN is backed by Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea, HTC Vive X, and is part of technology incubator Idealab in Pasadena, California.
This position is a two-month contract position with potential for additional freelance work after completion. This position can be remote or local.
- Establish a visual design language that effectively communicate brand identity and related design specifications, color palettes, typography, web & print elements.
- Produce iterative designs, print and web copy, and work closely with the founders to identify mission statements and values to build up a brand.
- Establish best practices and methodologies on how designs are documented and communicated
Some of the example projects you may work on
- Develop ObEN’s brand identity, logo, and online presence
- Build out a brand bible and guidelines for all marketing and communication efforts
- Create assets and templates for presentations and marketing materials
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design or related disciplines.
- Strong ability in graphic design, typography, color, and layout skills, preferably with experience in designing for digital consumer products and technology.
- Experience with written copy and leading teams for developing a brand identity
- Portfolio that includes visual design in web and mobile contexts.
- Deep knowledge of latest trends in visual design and brand identities for web design, mobile, and wearable applications.
- Passionate interest in emerging technology (blockchain, AI, AR/VR, etc), and visioning future applications
- Ability to perform at a high-level with minimal guidance
- Photography and advertising experience
- Knowledge of interactive media and video for marketing efforts
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Link to your portfolio
Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.
Notice to recruitment agencies: ObEN is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies, recruiters, and/or search firms for any of its job postings. Please do not send resumes to any of our job listing portals, team members or company locations. Resumes submitted to ObEN by a third party without a valid written & signed recruitment agreement will become the sole property of ObEN, and no fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited referral.