DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (AI & BLOCKCHAIN)
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of computer vision, machine learning, NLP, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
ObEN is looking for a Director of Marketing to lead our global marketing efforts. The successful candidate will have proven experience developing cohesive marketing strategies for mobile applications and blockchain projects that help drive our position in numerous verticals. The Director of Marketing must be able to align technology, story, and overall vision, adapting the marketing strategy for the diverse global regions we work in, particularly US, Europe, China, Korea and Japan. This is a unique opportunity to own and shape the marketing and brand strategy for an innovative AI and blockchain company. As Director of Marketing, you will lead, grow, and manage a team of talented community, content, event, and branding experts to successfully hone blockchain community growth, brand recognition, and overall messaging for the company.
- Drive the marketing strategy for the company as a member of the Senior Leadership team
- Develop, plan, and budget marketing initiatives that will drive the company’s strategic growth and community expansion across key verticals and operating regions
- Drive the growth of blockchain community and users, especially through grassroots efforts that draw in KOL and influencers across appropriate verticals
- Develop the global community management strategy and work with the community team and volunteer moderators to execute content across all social platforms in target markets within the US, EU, Asia and as needed
- Strategize on branding and communication to ensure alignment across all marketing initiatives, developing metrics to measure the success of said initiatives
- Work closely with key internal team members across brand, creative, content, community, product, PR, legal, and finance to achieve established goals and priorities
- Lead brand positioning through deep understanding of target consumers, industry trends and competitor landscape
- Serve as a mentor to direct reports and the overall marketing team, identifying individual strengths and skills and developing them
- Align resources to achieve key milestones and ensure marketing strategy drives launch for products, event attendance, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably at a tech company launching mobile products
- 6+ years of management with experience in managing teams working on different regional markets
- Proven results in increasing brand recognition, growing user community, with proven results scaling user growth and engagement across domestic and international markets
- Deep understanding of emerging technology (blockchain, AI, AR/VR, etc), and how to apply said technology
- Must be bilingual in English and Chinese
- Additional familiarity with either Japanese, Korean, or major European language a plus
- Familiarity and experience working with emerging technologies a plus
- Familiarity and experience with the blockchain and crypto industry a big plus
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: Complete a Sample Project
STAGE 3: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 4: Offer Letter
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.