COMPUTER VISION RESEARCH ENGINEER
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of computer vision, machine learning, NLP, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
The Computer Vision team aims to reconstruct and animate 3D virtual avatars for high quality content creation. You will be utilizing your computer vision knowledge to solve real world problems, building a robust solution under limited resources. The ideal candidate should have solid knowledge in computer vision algorithms including one or more fields: 3D perception from image, motion sequence analysis and generation, image translation, GAN, geometry processing, and image processing. We value engineers who are self-motivated and enjoy a highly collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
- Develop impactful and innovative computer vision technologies
- Work closely with front-end and back-end engineers for production integration
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Write production code that will be used by millions of users
- Introduce major innovations that can lead to novel product features
- Keep current with latest trends and technologies to help future research subjects and anticipate development needs
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science with project experience in the fields of Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, or Deep Learning; B.S. in the same field with 3 years+ working experience in the industry
- Outstanding programming skills in Python
- Comfortable with programming in C++ and/or C#
- Strong algorithmic and code-level optimization skills
- Solid knowledge in computer vision algorithms including one or more fields: 3D perception from image, motion sequence analysis and generation, image translation, GAN, geometry processing, and image processing.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of applying machine learning and deep learning to real problems in the fields of vision and graphics
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations and to learn new technologies
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a multicultural team
- Experience in facial analysis from images, including face recognition, 3d face modeling, face tracking, and facial image manipulation
- Unity3D development experience
- Unreal development experience
- VR/AR related development experience
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
- Any code you are proud of and is public
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.
Notice to recruitment agencies: ObEN is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies, recruiters, and/or search firms for any of its job postings. Please do not send resumes to any of our job listing portals, team members or company locations. Resumes submitted to ObEN by a third party without a valid written & signed recruitment agreement will become the sole property of ObEN, and no fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited referral.