MARKETING & PRODUCT
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of speech, computer vision, machine learning, NLP, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
ObEN is looking for a Controller to manage the company’s accounting processes, assist with financial planning, and perform regular financial analyses. The Controller will be collaborating with financial accountants and business professionals to ensure timely reporting and reconciliation of accounts. The Controller would also have the ability toperform higher level accounting services, but the willingness to enter accounts payable and perform check runs.
- Support annual tax filings and financial audit with external auditors to ensure timely completion
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and consistency of all financial records, maintaining compliance with accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Establish, implement, and monitor accounting and reporting policies to ensure integrity of all financial data
- Perform financial modeling, forecasting, and reporting
- Prepare period-end bank account and A/R and A/P reconciliation
- Manage and report capital expenditures
- Support marketing and product teams to achieve more effective financial results
- Work on tax return matters and tax consulting
- Other accounting projects and ad hoc analyses as needed
- 5+ years of work experience in accounting and financial analysis and reporting
- BA/BS in Accounting, Business, or related field
- CPA License preferred but not required
- Ability to multi-task with great organization skills and attention to detail
- Analytic, organization and problem solving skills that enable strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Strong understanding of financial accounting laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including data analysis and forward-looking modeling, and accounting software such as Quickbooks.
- Understanding of various accounting process flows, with the ability to design and implement financial structure and policies that fit the company’s needs
- High degree of professional judgement and integrity, with the ability to maintain confidentiality of all business-related information
Application Requirements: Please send the following to email@example.com
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile
- Names and contact information of two references who can speak to your qualifications for this position
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
STAGE 1: Phone Interview
STAGE 2: Complete a Sample Project
STAGE 3: In-person Interview at Idealab (we cover travel expenses for the day)
STAGE 4: Offer Letter
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.