We are seeking to add a linguist specialist to our development team, who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the text analysis components in multiple languages. You will develop grammars and lexica for use with our state-of-the-art text-to-speech engine.
Key areas of responsibility
– Developing, testing, releasing, and maintaining new language-specific
components needed to analyze texts (including definite clause grammars,
lexica, finite state transducers)
– Version control of text analysis components
– Testing and integrating new development tools
– Documentation and reporting of the progress
– Build-up of language knowledge
Term of employment
– Higher education degree in linguistics and 1+ years of experience with
programming, or alternatively a degree in computer science or electrical
engineering and 3+ years experience in linguistics
– Strong interest in text normalization, morpho-syntactic analysis, phonetics,
and building of working systems based on a solid theoretical principles
– Confident use of programming in Python, or scripting languages such as Tcl/Tk or Perl
– Native speaker, or professional knowledge of Mandarin Chinese, and English.
– Highly motivated to learn additional languages.
– Excellent communication skills
– Experience in speech synthesis technology is a plus
– Expertise in additional languages (Japanese, Korean, Spanish) is a plus
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Any code you are proud of and is public
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.