Are you the designer who wants to be part of disruptive innovation in today’s technology-driven market? Then join our team. ObEN is the leader and truly disrupting Artificial Intelligence by humanizing and transporting your virtual self into any Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality environment ($150B industry by 2020). ObEN is an HTC VIVE X portfolio company and also part of world leading technology incubator Idealab. Come see what it’s like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people who understand and respect what you do.
We are looking for a passionate, creative Designer with a strong visual eye and experience designing UI and marketing collateral to shape the brand and design direction for ObEN. You must be a creative, detail-oriented designer with a make-it-happen spirit. Show us your best.
- Design experiences that are simple, encouraging, elegant, and intuitive
- Create UI design for all ObEN online and print marketing collateral, including web design, mobile applications and social media email marketing, etc.
- Participate in the design and product life cycle of new UI functionality, enhancements, and branding for ObEN
- Work effectively with Product Managers, UX/UI Designers, and Engineers
- Support product team’s visual and branding needs
- Solicit and give open and honest feedback as part of the design process
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or professional equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience
- You can conceptualize and offer design solutions while following creative direction
- Mastery of skills with the common tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Pen and Paper)
- Good understanding of how to maintain brand consistency with attention to detail, and a solid grasp of the technical requirements for web design
- Must be able to collaborate with and share design concepts to senior management
- A strong design portfolio with a range of UX/UI examples is a must
- Crazy, innovative ideas and having a lot of fun
- Strong knowledge of user-interface, design patterns and best practices for web and mobile apps
- Detail-oriented and highly communicative, with the ability to work independently, think critically when solving problems
- Must be able to thrive in a supportive, collaborative, yet fast-paced interactive environment
- A good sense of humor
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Pasadena, CA
- 3D modeling, VR/AR development, After Effects, rendering and animation
- Motion graphics design and production
- Video and sound editing
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Links to any research / papers you have been an instrumental part of and are proud of
- Cover Letter identifying your five favorite apps on your phone
- Any code you are proud of and is public
- Name of instructor / adviser, if any along with link to their profile
- Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.