3D CHARACTER ARTIST (CONTRACTOR)
ObEN’s mission is to enable everyone in the world to create their own Personal AI (PAI), intelligent 3D avatars that look, sound, and behave like the individual user. Secured and authenticated on the Project PAI blockchain, ObEN’s technology creates more productive, more personalized digital interactions. ObEN is a K11, Tencent, Softbank Ventures Korea and HTC Vive X portfolio company, and we work with our strategic investors to expand PAI technology across multiple verticals including hospitality, retail, healthcare, and entertainment.
Working at ObEN means taking on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment that celebrates and encourages innovation. You’ll be working in small, agile teams (including world class researchers in areas of computer vision, machine learning, NLP, speech, and blockchain). We are blazing new trails in AI and blockchain technology, and we encourage and support publications to top conferences and journals. Learn more about working at ObEN in our blog post.
The ideal candidate should have excellent core modeling and texturing skills of making hair and clothing. You will be part of the process to grow the internal team, work with technical and other character artists to implement a developing character pipeline.
- Creates photo realistic models, textures, and shaders for characters hair and clothing
- Creating highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constraints.
- Photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump.
- Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- 3-5 years’ experience in film or game development work experience or Bachelor’s Degree (B.F.A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop, Maya and Zbrush or equivalent.
- Advanced understanding of generating normal maps from high poly models.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya and Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Sculpting software experience required
- Portfolio must be submitted with resume to qualify
- Optimizes models and shaders.
- Actively participates in technical and artistic problem solving
- Works closely with animators and riggers to ensure models deform correctly and are functional
- Strong drawing, sculpting, and conceptualization skills with an ability to adapt to established styles.
- Understanding of clean edge flow and best practices for modeling for animation performance. Advanced knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong traditional painting skills in both stylized and photorealistic styles.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
- Understanding of node based shader networks is a plus.
Introduction to ObEN: https://goo.gl/gxpxwT
Please send the following to email@example.com
- Detailed resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- Demo reel of your work. Candidates interested in a contract-based, in-house opportunity are strongly preferred.
130 W Union St Pasadena, California 91103
Not ready to apply for this job? Sign-up to receive ObEN job alerts.
Notice to recruitment agencies: ObEN is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies, recruiters, and/or search firms for any of its job postings. Please do not send resumes to any of our job listing portals, team members or company locations. Resumes submitted to ObEN by a third party without a valid written & signed recruitment agreement will become the sole property of ObEN, and no fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited referral.